- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- Although he lost the DGA award to his ex-wife last night (see story below), James Cameron's Avatar continues to be a winner with movie goers -- topping the domestic box office for a seventh straight week.
- Avatar should steam past the domestic tally of Cameron's Titanic by mid-week, after exiting the weekend with $594.5 million in the U.S. and Canada. Titanic -- which topped weekend rankings 15 times -- registered $600.8 million domestically in its 1997-1998 run.
- Reviews of Edge of Darkness, The Lovely Bones, Sherlock Holmes, It's Complicated and other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive image at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Actual figures are released on Monday.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, The Hollywood Reporter