- The band is surely milking the success of its Viva La Vida album. The new video for "Strawberry Swing" premieres today (view it here: Babelgum.com). The groundbreaking short film was directed by visual artists Shynola and features Chris Martin as an animated superhero in a chalk-drawn world (with a killer squirrel).
- As a tie-in, you can win a very rare promo CD single of "Strawberry Swing," which will be signed by the entire band. If you'd like a chance to win it, then simply send your name and address to email@example.com before Tuesday, July 28. One entry per person please. Note: This contest is brought to you via the Coldplay e-newsletter and is not sponsored by EntertainmentBlogger.
- Forty-five years ago, the Beatles invaded New York City -- and the U.S. -- with a debut on The Ed Sullivan Show followed by a concert at the home of the New York Mets, Shea Stadium.
- Today, Sir Paul is back in New York to play three concerts at the new home of the New York Mets, Citi Field. Two of those concerts were held over the weekend -- and the final show is tomorrow night. But McCartney's return last week to the Ed Sullivan Theater, current home of the Late Show with David Letterman, is getting most of the buzz.
- McCartney shared some playful banter with Letterman, clarified his damaged relationship with Michael Jackson and recalled rumors of his own early death (click here to view).
- The highlight of the appearance was McCartney's mini concert performance from the top of the theater marquee. Those on the sidewalks and streets below were treated to Beatles, Wings and solo McCartney hits. Not all the performances made the telecast, so here they are for your viewing pleasure: Band on the Run, Helter Skelter, Coming Up, Let Me Roll It, Back in the USSR