- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- For the second weekend in a row, the race for the #1 slot was a close one. DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon is claiming the top spot with an estimated $20 million, while Kick-Ass distributor Lionsgate reported its movie debuted at $19.75 million. With just $250,000 separating them, either movie could end up at #1 when studios release final weekend numbers tomorrow. 4/19 update: The top movies at the weekend box office have flip-flopped again, with the superhero comedy "Kick-Ass" edging out the animated adventure "How to Train Your Dragon." Final studio numbers Monday have Lionsgate's "Kick-Ass" at #1 with $19.8 million. DreamWorks Animation's "How to Train Your Dragon," distributed by Paramount, ran a close #2 with $19.6 million.
- Meanwhile, thanks to big openings in Latin America and Italy, Clash of the Titans maintained its #1 box office position on the foreign theatrical circuit for a third straight weekend, grossing $53.6 million from some 10,400 screens in 57 markets.
- Reviews of older movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, The Hollywood Reporter, AP