- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- With a chart-topping $109 million, Toy Story 3 became the third animated film to top $100 million in its first weekend, joining Shrek the Third at $121.6 million in 2007 and Shrek 2 at $108 million in 2004.
- It was by far the best debut for a film from Disney Pixar Animation, topping The Incredibles at $70.5 million in 2004. Toy Story 3 also maintains the perfect track record of Pixar, whose 11 films all have opened at #1, starting with the original Toy Story in 1995.
- Reviews of Toy Story 3 and other movies not in the top ten (including Sex and the City 2) can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Final weekend figures are released on Monday.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, AP