- DreamWorks Animation's Megamind debuted as the #1 movie for the weekend with $47.7 million. Distributed in a mix of 2D and 3D locations, 66% of its opening weekend earnings came from 3D screenings.
- In other debuts, Warner Bros.' Due Date opened at a strong #2 with $33.5 million, while Tyler Perry's drama For Colored Girls premiered solidly for Lionsgate -- in third-place with $20.1 million.
- Last weekend's champion, Saw 3D, slipped all the way down to #5 with $8.2 million -- down a steep 66 percent from its opening-weekend revenue. Halloween is over -- hello!
- On an industry-wide basis, the weekend was very strong -- and even set a record for the best first weekend in November (previously $153 million in 2003). Overall revenues came in at $155 million, up 29.5 percent from the same weekend a year ago, when A Christmas Carol led with $30.1 million.
- All figures are industry estimates. Final weekend figures will be released on Monday.
- Reviews of Megamind, Red, Hereafter, The Social Network and other movies not in the top 10 can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- Sources: Hollywood.com, Hollywood Reporter, AP