- DreamWorks Animation's Megamind was the #1 movie for the second weekend in a row. The 3D comedy, featuring Will Ferrell as the voice of a super villain, made just over $30 million this weekend -- and now nearly $90 million overall.
- Opening in second place is the 20th Century Fox action thriller Unstoppable, starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pine as railroad workers trying to stop a massive runaway train. The film made $23.5 million in its debut.
- Among the weekend's other new releases, Skyline opened in fourth place with $11.7 million. The Universal Pictures sci-fi thriller depicts aliens invading and destroying Los Angeles. And Morning Glory, a Paramount comedy set in a network morning show starring Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton, opened at #5 with about $9.6 million.
- The top 10 films in the latest frame collected $110.4 million, or 12% less than top performers in the same session in 2009.
- Coming up -- the home stretch to the box-office year will feature a number of limited-release "prestige pictures" vying for promotional bang from the year-end awards season.
- All figures are industry estimates. Final weekend figures will be released on Monday.
- Reviews of Megamind, RED and other movies not in the top 10 can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- Sources: Hollywood.com, Hollywood Reporter, AP