- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- Three new films took the top spots -- with the aptly-titled Valentine's Day leading the pack. Valentine's Day distributor Warner Bros. estimated its love story will be in the $60 million range after Presidents Day on Monday. That would break the Presidents Day weekend record of $52 million set by Ghost Rider over the four-day holiday weekend in 2007.
- Avatar earned another $22 million in its ninth weekend, continuing to add to its record as the all-time box office champ. Its domestic total is now $659.6 million. Globally, Avatar was still #1 with $59 million drawn from 8,453 screens in 71 markets. Its worldwide haul total is at $2.35 billion.
- Reviews of Edge of Darkness, Crazy Heart and other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive image at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Actual figures are released on Monday.
- Don't forget to vote in the Oscar poll at left -- which film most deserves to win for Best Picture?
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, AP, The Hollywood Reporter