- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse topped the box office this weekend with $69 million. But the latest Twilight movie fell short of its predecessor at the North American box office despite selling a hefty $161 million worth of tickets during its first five days. The previous film, The Twilight Saga: New Moon, earned $179 million in its first six days in November, without the benefit of a holiday.
- Distributor Summit Entertainment now predicts Eclipse will end up with a six-day haul of about $181 million after sales for the U.S. Independence Day holiday on Monday are counted. The studio originally forecast a six-day tally of $199 million.
- Despite mostly poor reviews, The Last Airbender exceeded expectations and opened at #2 with $40.6 million for the three-day period. Including Thursday sales, the latest from director M. Night Shyamalan stands at $53.2 million.
- Meanwhile, Toy Story 3 slipped to #3 with $30.2 million. Its total rose to $289 million, making it the 10th biggest title in Disney history, the company said
- Reviews of Toy Story 3, Grown Ups, Cyrus and other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Final weekend figures are released on Monday.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, AP