- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- Both of the two big newcomers outpaced expectations. Universal's 3-D animated family feature Despicable Me topped the weekend box office with an estimated $60.1 million. Meanwhile, Fox's R-rated horror thriller Predators earned $25.3 million to debut in third place.
- Elsewhere, Summit Entertainment The Twilight Saga: Eclipse earned $33.4 million in second place during its second weekend. The sequel's cumulative box office is now at $237 million through 12 days in release. Its immediate predecessor in the series -- The Twilight Saga: New Moon – rang up $235.7 million in its first dozen days as part of a $296.6 million domestic run.
- With $22 million this weekend, the cumulative total for Toy Story 3 is now $340.2 million -- making it the #1 movie of 2010 so far (overtaking Alice in Wonderland which finished at $334.1 million).
- Collectively, the weekend top 10 rung up $191 million, or a whopping 44% more than top performers in the same frame last year.
- Reviews of Despicable Me, Toy Story 3, Grown Ups, Cyrus and other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Final weekend figures are released on Monday.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, Hollywood Reporter