- With $35.6 million, Sony's Will Ferrell/Mark Wahlberg buddy-cop action comedy The Other Guys ended the 3-week reign of Warner Bros.' thriller Inception to capture the #1 spot.
- Inception fell to second place with its $18.6 million weekend pushing its cumulative take to $227.7 million.
- Disney's threequel dance musical Step Up 3D bowed below expectations with a disappointing $15.5 million in third place. Only 1,826 of a total 2,435 theaters playing the film offered the pic in 3D, due to an insufficient number of 3D screens in the marketplace. So the light 3D screen count would seem partly to blame for the movie's disappointing debut.
- Overall revenues fell for the first time in six weeks. Collectively, the weekend top 10 rung up $118 million, or 7% less than top performers in last year's comparable frame.
- Reviews of The Other Guys, Inception, Dinner for Schmucks, Despicable Me, Toy Story 3 and other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Final weekend figures are released on Monday.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, Hollywood.com, Hollywood Reporter