- None of the week's five new films could topple Lionsgate's The Expendables, which retained the #1 spot for a second straight weekend -- earning $16.5 million.
- Vampires Suck took in $12.2 million, good enough for the #2 spot. The 20th Century Fox Twilight spoof now has an overall total of $18.6 million since opening Wednesday.
- Bringing up the rear among new wide releases at #8 was Jennifer Aniston's single-mom comedy The Switch, which debuted poorly with only $8.1 million.
- The overall box office was down only slightly -- 1.7% -- compared with the same weekend last year.
- Reviews of Eat Pray Love, The Other Guys, Inception, The Switch and other movies not in the top 10, can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Final weekend figures are released on Monday.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, Hollywood.com, Hollywood Reporter, AP