- The order of the top 10 movies did not change between the 3-day and 4-day weekend tallies.
- George Clooney's hitman tale The American captured the top spot at the box office with a $16.4 million debut over the long 4-day Labor Day weekend. Since opening Wednesday, the Focus Features release has taken in $19.5 million.
- Hollywood closed its busiest season with record revenue of $4.35 billion, about $100 million more than the previous high set last summer, according to Hollywood.com, which tracks box office. Yet because of higher ticket prices, movie attendance actually slipped -- to about 552 million, the lowest since summer 2005.
- Reviews of Going the Distance, Eat Pray Love, The Other Guys, Inception and other movies not in the top 10, can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Final weekend figures will be released on Tuesday.
- Sources: Hollywood.com, AP