- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- Disney's The Princess and the Frog scored the biggest opening for an animated film debuting nationwide in December, grossing an estimated $25 million from 3,434 locations to top the domestic box office. The movie rolled out in very limited release on November 25 -- but nationwide on Friday.
- A review of 2012 can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive image at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Actual figures are released on Monday.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, Variety, AP