- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- For the second weekend in a row, Iron Man 2 from Paramount and Marvel topped the domestic box office with $53 million. The Robert Downey Jr. starrer dropped a reasonable 59% from its week-earlier opening tally, while boosting cumulative box office to $212.2 million. That compares to a $177.8 million second-weekend cume for 2008's Iron Man. So movie-goers aren't tiring of sequels just yet.
- Universal's Russell Crowe starrer Robin Hood -- with Cate Blanchett as Maid Marion in Ridley Scott's history-based telling of the well-known legend -- struck the lower edge of pre-release projections with an estimated $37.1 million in opening box office -- good for second place. Are movie-goers tiring of remakes?
- Reviews of other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Actual figures are released on Monday.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, The Hollywood Reporter