- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- DreamWorks Animation's Shrek Forever After opened lower than some had feared, with the family comedy topping domestic rankings with just $71.3 million in estimated weekend box office. The latest Paramount-distributed pic about a lovable ogre and his family debuted with significantly less green stuff than the two previous Shrek sequels, which each fetched $100 million-plus in their first three days.
- Elsewhere this weekend, Universal unspooled Rogue's action comedy MacGruber with a paltry $4.1 million in sixth place -- yet another flop for a film based on a Saturday Night Live sketch.
- Reviews of other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- All figures are industry estimates. Actual figures are released on Monday.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, The Hollywood Reporter