- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- With $34.5 million, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland easily remained at #1 for the third straight weekend. Its 17-day domestic tally stands at $265.8 million. Launched simultaneously in many foreign markets, the 3D film has fetched $565.8 million worldwide to date.
- The big surprise this weekend came from Fox's family comedy Diary of Wimpy Kid. Its $21.8 million performance outpaced pre-release projections to nail down the weekend's #2 spot.
- On an industry-wide basis, the $122 million weekend represented a 21% improvement over the same frame last year.
- All figures are industry estimates. Actual figures are released on Monday.
- Reviews of Green Zone, Avatar and other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, Hollywood Reporter