- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- How to Train Your Dragon breathed a bit of box-office fire with a $43.3 million opening weekend and a #1 debut. Distributed by Paramount, the DreamWorks Animation adventure came in well behind the studio's last cartoon comedy, Monsters vs. Aliens, which opened with $59.3 million over the same weekend last year.
- How to Train Your Dragon pulled in 68% of its revenue from 3-D presentation, another triumph for the growing digital technology. Yet it also highlights the limits on how much 3-D traffic theaters are equipped to handle. Dragon took over the bulk of 3-D theaters at the expense of Disney's Alice in Wonderland, because the roughly 4,000 screens capable of showing digital 3-D movies is not enough to handle two full wide-release films at the same time.
- All figures are industry estimates. Actual figures are released on Monday.
- Reviews of Green Zone and other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, AP