- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, the 3D spectacle starring Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, earned an estimated $116.3 million -- the highest grossing weekend ever for a spring release (ok --technically not spring yet, but a March up til Memorial Day weekend time frame).
- IMAX– which pulled Avatar from all its screens in exchange for Alice – was rewarded handsomely with its highest weekend gross ever, $11.9 million in only 188 theaters.
- Avatar earned another $7.7 million to put its 12-week domestic take at $720 million.
- All figures are industry estimates. Actual figures are released later today.
- Reviews of Brooklyn's Finest, Avatar, Crazy Heart and other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive image at left.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com