- Click on the chart to enlarge.
- Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland easily remained at #1 this weekend with $62 million. The Disney fantasy has climbed to a $208.6 million total domestically, becoming the first $200 million hit released this year. And it took in nearly as much as the rest of the top 10 movies combined.
- In only its second weekend in theaters, Alice in Wonderland pulled ahead of the $206.5 million domestic haul of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to become the top-grossing of Johnny Depp and Burton's seven films together, which include Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd and Corpse Bride.
- After nearly three months in theaters, Avatar remained strong -- earning another $6.6 million to raise its domestic total to $730.3 million. The 20th Century Fox release has topped $2.6 billion worldwide.
- All figures are industry estimates. Actual figures are released on Monday.
- Reviews of Green Zone, Brooklyn's Finest, Avatar and other movies not in the top ten can be found by clicking on the Film Reviews archive icon at left.
- Sources: Nielsen EDI, ew.com, AP